Tuesday 2 January 2007

Thank You All So Much For The Lovely Surprise.

What a lovely surprise and I had no idea what so ever. Even when Robert (Bob) asked me to sort out the photos I had no idea why, I guess if I hadn’t been so busy at work and decorating the house for Christmas making wreaths mince pies and Christmas cakes as well as the normal house work I would have had time to think why he was showing so much interest.

Thank you all for the comments I hope my posts can give you all some inspiration, I’m afraid I could bore you silly with all the photos I have. I have such a passion for flowers and art I forget not everyone else has. Robert doesn’t always see my interpretation of a title for a competitions as I try to be a bit different and contemporary. Some times I win, it depends on the judge but if I don’t win I don’t mind as it has given me the chance to do something I like to do and would not have had the opportunity otherwise. Working in the shop has given me more of an insight to what people want, for instance, last week I did a lovely wedding, but forgot the camera as usual. My New Years resolution is to take my camera around with me. It’s a small shop in what was once a mining village it has old fashion ways but with a younger generation moving in a more modern approach is needed but to stay in business you have to do what the people want, it’s a bonus when somebody wants something different. I hope you will keep on visiting my blog now its written by me instead of Robert, I will try and post more pics of things I do and I can give more details as to how they are done than Robert could.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki - I'm so glad you were pleased with your surprise! I found the site by accident a couple of weeks before Christmas, and have popped back a few times waiting to see your reaction! You have made some beautiful arrangements, and I'll keep popping back from time to time to see what you have been up to. Like you, I tend to forget to take my camera with me when I go out. In the world of blogging it seems to be an absolute must, so perhaps our new year's resolution should be to recite "Keys, ID, clean hanky, CAMERA" each time we leave the house! Best wishes, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vicki,
    So glad to finally put a picture to the name. I really love your work and can't wait to see more of your creations. It will be fun getting to know you more as well. What a great husband you have. He is so pround of your work it seems and I think that is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you truly do lovely floral creations, vicki. i'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Vicki.
    Nice to finally hear your words on your own blog- Bob did a nice job surprising you :)
    I am really inspired with your displays- wish l could do similar- wonderful wreaths for Christmas time too.
    l enjoy interior designing- love a challenge so can relate to you when you have something different asked for. Hope all goes well for your business in 2007. Will continue to pop by.
    Bests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki, your work is truly inspiring. How wonderful it must be to be as artistic as you are . It must always be such a pleaseure working with so many beautiful flowers. Who could dream that an arrangement with vegetables could also be a thing of such beauty also.How proud Bob is of your work and quite justly so.
    Cheers Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki, Glad you liked your surprise! I'm sure most people have a love of flowers and plants and will enjoy seeing your creations - welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! You'll definitely need to keep that camera close at hand now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderfully tallented you are!
    Great to "meet" you!

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki,
    Good to see what Bob's other half is like. Will definitely keep checking on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki, I'm so excited! Not only are you going to keep posting here, but also you might share a few tips with us? YAY!

    I'm sure that I already posted about my love of the Christmas arrangement with the red-twig dogwoods, by the way, but I have to tell you that I'm now scouring my yard trying to figure out where I can squeeze one of those in... just so I can use the twigs for arrangements in the winter and spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicki,
    Just stopping by to see what you have been up to. I can't wait to see more of your lovely creations.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete