Sunday 15 May 2011

Scampi's close shave

There,s one good thing being off work, I got to spend more time with the dogs. They love it in the summer as with Robert working around our house we can leave the doors open and they can come and go in or out as they please. And me being here they have liked it all the more. The lane we walk along is glorious at the moment with the cow parsley lining the edges of the hedges.
Scampi usually has a hair cut every few months but my early life I was a hairdresser still got the scissors (but clearly not the skill) so bit short on cash decided to have a go. She must have found it hard to see and looked like she had no eyes. When Fallon came from work her first words were after oh dear whats mum done to you were, mum get a job for goodness sake.






Tom resting in the heat of the day.





Scampi before the hair cut. Robert put this old seat cussion out for tom to rest his bad legs on but scampi seams to have claimed it Tommy would rather lay on the warm slabs.







Scampi after the wash and cut

(not so bad I think)









6 comments:

  1. Scampi looks lovely after you cut her. I have to cut my little dog's fur too.
    The only time I took her to a dog salon she tried to bite everyone and whined and cried and then when she saw me she leapt in my arms. I dropped her and she hit her head on the cement floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos on your blog are always a delight.

    So sorry to hear of your recent soul-challenges and health issues. Wishing you the very best as you travel through this patch of your journey.

    Yet, aside from the faithfulness of our God, which is matchless, our much loved family, pets and gardens give us joy, right?

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scampi has stolen my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scampi looks fabulous, we do our little Sophie as well even though it can be a bit of a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart! what a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think Scampi looks cute! I was never a hairdresser, but often think I am (perhaps it is because I have 8 children to practice on!)

    Recently I skipped out on my hairdresser (she swore like a sailor)...and decided to take scissors into my own hands. I am amazed because people keep coming up to me saying how much they like the change in my style (isn't God good how He builds us up) And happily putting the saved money into our adoption file ($63 dollars plus a tip adds up every 6 weeks!)

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete